Juvéderm’s® Vycross formulation is the next generation family of Juvéderm® hyaluronic acid dermal filler gels. They represent the latest technology in dermal fillers, moving things forward from its highly successful ‘Ultra’ range.
Why is the cross-linking of hyaluronic acid important?
Biodegradable fillers become reabsorbed by the body quickly without the molecules being cross-linked. This is because your body’s enzymes work to breakdown the filler. Juvéderm’s® Vycross range uses BDDE, a compound that cross-links the Hyaluronic acid (HA), preventing the body from breaking it down quite so quickly. This means Vycross products can last for 6-24 months* depending on the dermal filler.
Similarly, the greater the level of cross-linking and the greater the concentration of HA, the more elastic and cohesive the dermal filler will be. This can be seen as a pro or a con depending on what you’re looking to achieve from the treatment.
The new range features a number of other improvements on the Juvéderm® Ultra range, including:
- A smoother gel, allowing for a more comfortable treatment
- Less bruising and swelling in the days after treatment due to lower HA concentration, drawing less moisture and causing less reactionary inflammation
- Reduced discomfort from the Lidocaine added to the formulation
- Very subtle and natural outcomes due to the smoothness of the gel and being able to inject it with more precision
- Better results because it’s easier to shape and mould once injected
- Longer-lasting due to its unique makeup of high and low molecular weight HA
- Patients can end up paying less for Vycross treatments due to their longevity
The Vycross collection contains the following fillers:
Juvéderm’s® Volite is an effective anti-ageing treatment which smooths and hydrates the skin, improving texture, tone and luminosity. It is the first injectable treatment that provides clinically proven dermal hydration for up to nine months after just one treatment.
Volite can be used to treat the face, neck, décolletage and hands. With minimum swelling after injections and longer, more natural looking results. Administered through a series of tiny injections, it works to hydrate skin, smoothing out roughness and evening out depressions.
Is Volite right for your patients?
Unlike other dermal fillers, which restore lost volume and fill wrinkles, plumping up the skin, Volite has been specifically designed to provide deep hydration directly into the skin. It also acts as prevention and protection for the skin from free radicals.
Possible Patient Indications for Juvéderm® Volite if:
- Looking to improve the overall quality and radiance of your skin
- Wrinkles need hydrating and smoothing
- Looking to see an improvement in acne scarring
- Desire a hydrating treatment for dry or rough skin
- Improve lost volume from previous dermal filler treatment but still need some improvement in skin quality, complexion or fine lines
- Aspires for improved skin quality and brightness
How long does Volite last?
The results of one Volite treatment can last for up to nine months, depending on where the treatment is used. The effects of the treatment can be seen immediately and go on improving by stimulating the body’s own natural collagen.
The product is injected with an extremely thin needle, which maximises comfort and reduces swelling and the risk of hematomas. To maintain the effects it is recommended to have regular treatments every 6-9 months.
Risks should always be discussed with a patient during the consultation and consent process.
Juvéderm® Volift (marketed as Volure in the United States) provides a versatile treatment option for patients who are looking for a discreet, natural look with minimal swelling and long-lasting effects.
Volift is an adaptable product that can be used to rejuvenate facial areas by restoring volume into medium or deep lines or adding subtle volume to facial contours.
Is Volift right for your patients?
Over time the natural ageing process can impact the cheeks, chin and jawline area. A loss of volume or definition and the appearance of ‘static’ wrinkles such as deeper nasolabial folds may become apparent.
Juvéderm® Volift is designed to smooth deep wrinkles for a refreshed look, as well as gently restoring natural-looking contours in the lower face. Volift can be used to create a subtle yet highly effective non-surgical facelift, by adding volume, which lifts the facial contours.
Volift can be an effective treatment for:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Crow’s feet or frown lines
- Nasolabial folds (the skin folds that run from each side of the nose to the corners of the mouth)
- Marionette lines (the lines that run straight downwards from the corners of the mouth)
- Vertical lip lines
- Plumping up the lips while maintaining a natural look
How long does Volift work for?
The results of Juvéderm® Volift injections are particularly long lasting, with results generally lasting up to 15 months. This can vary depending on where the injections were made.
Find out more
If you are already a Healthxchange client please login to find out more about the Juverderm Range and to place an order.
If you haven’t got an account yet but are a GMC, GDC or NMC registered healthcare professional, register today.
Juvéderm® provide a wide range of treatment types depending on your needs. If you’re unsure what the best filler is for you, a well-trained practitioner will be able to advise you on the correct filler to use to achieve your desired improvements.
Use the Clinic Finder tool to find your nearest licensed Juvéderm® practitioner. They will be able to provide treatment advice and information about pricing and availability, and you should always seek a consultation prior to undergoing any medical procedure.